This document describes essential steps required to get Agile Dynamics CRM to Exchange Synchronizer up and running.
Short for Agile Dynamics CRM to Exchange Synchronizer.
A set of Synchronization Scenarios applied to a number of users.
A number of Synchronization Rules to synchronize items of some kind. For example, two Rules responsible for synchronization of contacts from CRM to Exchange and from Exchange to CRM are combined together into “Synchronize Contacts” scenario.
Single directed relationship between CRM and Exchange. For example, rule describes how to copy data from Exchange Contact to CRM Contact. Another rule describes how to copy contact data back. Rule may also define the way to find a Contact or an Account by Email address. Or it may define a way to make new CRM Case from Email message and so on.
Any object in CRM. It can be an Account, an Opportunity or any other entry.
Archive Email to CRM Item
Connect Email or document to a given CRM item.
Exchange Web Services. Exchange server component essential for synchronization.
- Version 5.1
- Information about auto created and linked items is now reflected in Journal
- About dialog now contains buttons to zip logs, zip data, open data folder
- CrmFilter for E->CRM
- Bind to unresolved attendees in CRM
- SkipAppointmentsStartBefore option
- Merge for appointments with same name became faster
- Appointments merge using GlobalObjectId field
- Version 4.3
- Recurring meeting synchronization support Exchange->CRM.
- Option to disable SSL3 and use TLS instead. This is to protect from POODLE vulnerability.
- Faster merge for Contacts with empty FirstName, LastName, Email. Important for legacy Exchange data and customers who used Contacts to store Account information.
- Version 4.2
- Notifications are shown at run-time in Profile Manager
- Message filtering for notifications
- Show New/Merged/Sync values for rules in grid columns
- New license manager
- Version 3.11
- Global options editor (synchronization interval, verbose level, notifications)
- Email notifications for synchronizer actions, errors and events
- Journal Viewer with search, auto-update and filtering
- Synchronize items from a certain date (via "Reset Last Sync Time" dialog)
- Version 3.10
- Exchange 2013 support, including Office 365 deployment
- Move/Copy archived email
- Synchronization of attendees for Meetings
- User login checker
- Version 3.9
- Synchronization rules now can be overridden by user.
- Dynamics connection works even if security certificate is untrusted.
- Version 3.7
- Filter CRM items using system views
- Auto-create Lead for Archived Email
- Support for Public Folders
- Version 3.6
- Synchronizer monitor now allows modifying synchronization scenario options (Categories, folders, filtering and so on)
- Version 3.5
- Contacts synchronization scenario now defaults to standard Contacts folder (rather than [Contacts]\CRM Contacts subfolder)
- Email attachments archiving
- Improved support for old versions of Exchange 2007
- Version 3.4
- Monitoring tool providing a view on the synchronizer journal. Shows how many items were synchronizer or created by given synchronization rule.
- Version 3.3
- Automated deployment test. Test set that may be used for validation of Exchange and CRM configuration before deploying in large-scale environments.
- Synchronization rule triggering mechanism. Used for chaining sets of actions such as Create Opportunities from Email->Synchronize Opportunity list.
- Version 3.2
- Synchronizer configurator utility. May be used to set up fine grained synchronization scenarios.
- Version 3.1
- Fine-grained scheduler to control CRM and Exchange load over the day
- Version 3.0
- Rebranding support
- Archiving folders (“Archive To” existing CRM item). Support for Opportunities and Cases
- Automatic synchronizer service
- Version 2.3
- List items (show CRM items as emails)
- Version 2.2
- Email Archiving
- Version 2.1
- Exchange 2010 support
- Version 2.0
- Synchronization for Leads and Accounts, Meetings and Calls
- Version 1.1
- Appointment Synchronization with Meetings
- Version 1.0
- Synchronize Contacts and Tasks
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 or higher.
Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 or higher or Office 365.
Windows-based host to run the Synchronizer (may be shared with Exchange host).
License (a trial license may be requested during configuration).